« Home | The Trip Begins... » | The Last Day In LA » | Are We There Yet? » 

Thursday, July 06, 2006 

From Sunshine to Golden


It seems I move across the country with the greatest of ease. After driving over 5,000 miles from California to Florida, I'm suddenly back again. Yesterday I was watching fireworks explode over the beaches of Jacksonville and yet today I'm climbing rocky trails looking for waterfalls in Yosemite National Park. What a life.

July 4th was spectacular, spent frolicking in the lovely goodness that is the Reimer's lake house. We drank cold beers in the sun then dove off the dock when we got too hot. Then we ate shrimp ceviche and fresh berry cheesecake until we couldn't breathe. Then we went waterskiing. It was bliss beyond words.

Yet once the 4th was over, I didn't waste any time. I caught a flight to San Francisco at dawn and my parents were waiting at baggage claim to whisk me away towards El Capitan and Half Dome. Now I sit here typing away in the upstairs lounge of the Ahwanhee Hotel. It's amazing where you can find wireless these days.

Tomorrow we'll head back to civilization and spend a few more days together before I catch the Sunday red-eye back to the East Coast. I meet up with Dana in the Jacksonville Airport and the next morning we're off to Europe.

And finally the real trip will begin...

About Me

Email Me

  • The Unbeaten Path at gmail dot com

More Photos

Mottos

    "I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move, to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilization, and find the globe granite underfoot..."

    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

    "The mere animal pleasure of traveling in a wild unexplored country is very great...the effect of travel on a man whose heart is in the right place is that the mind is made more self-reliant; it becomes more confident of its own resources."

    -- David Livingstone

    "The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

    -- Jack London

All Rights Reserved TUP 2006
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates